Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Renee wonders about the final installation


The school district has informed us that the panels can only be a maximum of 2x5 ft if they are to be anchored to the step area we want. They figure we can fit three in the space. Renee is unsure if that is enough space.

Renee Wrote
Hi Jan,
When I come in to the school for our glazing session I'd like to set up a meeting with Mrs. Burley and Mr. Wilson to discuss the actual panels as I'm happy to comply with what the maintenance personnel recommend, but all of the tiles may not fit! It's much easier to figure out a plan when we're standing in front of the actual site, and the measurements you gave me don't seem to match the measurements I took while at the school. It's really important to me that you get what you want, so I would like to be as clear as possible about the panel construction before they get assembled....because once those tiles are stuck, they're stuck!
Let me know if we can set up a lunchtime meeting while I'm there during the week of the 18th.
Thanks!
Renee
www.craftyvictoria.com

I measured the smaller side panel areas and between the three larger panels we have to figure out if two smaller side panels will fit the 328 round tiles the students made. It will depend on calculating the final size of the finished tiles, which we will see when she comes on the 18th. But fear not, there are many places in the school that we can display the tiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment